Kin On is true to helping you care for a loved one at home.
Caring for a family member can be a daunting responsibility. In fact, research shows that family members who provide care to individuals with chronic and disabling conditions are themselves at risk for higher levels of depression, stress, and heart disease. The Kin On Family Caregiver Support program offers caregivers the support they need to successfully care for ones they love, while getting the self-care they need to stay happy, healthy, and effective in their caregiving.
Family Support Services are provided in multiple languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Vietnamese.
- Support at Home: A care professional works in your home to provide relief with housekeeping and errands — or simply to give the caretaker a much-needed rest.
- Needs Assessment for Caregivers and the Care Recipient: A social worker makes a home visit to determine your needs and ways you might benefit from help.
- Care Planning & Consultation: When you’re an untrained caretaker (as many family members are), it’s helpful to get professional tips and planning to improve how you work.
- Information & Referral Services: Kin On’s Care Navigator Team can help you find vital resources.
- Caregiver Education: We provide education on a range of health topics, from diabetes care to behavioral education, all designed to help caregivers better navigate their tasks and responsibilities.
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Support: Get advice from a trained professional who understands how to care for those experiencing symptoms of dementia. Plus, learn how to access support services you need, when you need them.
“It’s very difficult being a caregiver sometimes. When I felt depressed, I would call the Kin On staff and they gave me encouragement and helped lift my spirits up. I feel supported and it helps me to keep going as a caregiver. I appreciate what the Kin On staff has done for our family.”
If you are an unpaid caregiver and would like to receive free services offered by Kin On’s Family Caregivers Support Program, you can get started by filling out a Personal Caregiver Survey (below) to let us know we can serve you. A Kin On Social Worker will contact you within 2 business days once your form is submitted. Program eligibility: Unpaid caregivers who provide care to recipients age 18 and above.
Click here to complete survey in English
Click here to complete survey in Cantonese
The Tailored Caregiver Assessment and Referral (TCARE®) Personal Caregiver Survey was developed by Rhonda Montgomery, Ph.D., and her colleagues, at the University of Wisconsin.
If you have questions or aren’t sure what you need, call Kin On at 1.888.721.3634 or fill out the help form at the bottom of this page.