True to giving back. True to paying it forward.
Kin On was born out of a deep need and the generous support of the Asian community. We were one of the first Asian language nursing homes in America and have become the inspiration for many since our inception in 1985.
More than 30 years later, we continue to expand our offerings in both depths of care and the types of options we provide. Meanwhile, we are preparing for one of the greatest influxes of new elders our country has ever seen. Perhaps you or someone you know will be among them? No one knows what the future holds, but our present is quite clear: Those who give; Their time. Their money. Their talents make Kin On possible. and will ensure our work for decades to come.
As a community supported 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, Kin On relies heavily on our community’s generosity. No matter how big or small, your contributions are vital in enabling Asian elders and disabled adults in the greater Seattle area to receive health and social services tailored to their language, culture, and heritage.
One way to give back to the community is to become a volunteer at Kin On! Whether it’s a few hours a day, a couple of days a month or at an annual special event, Kin On appreciates you sharing your time and talents with us. Make a difference by becoming a Kin On volunteer today!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Customer Service Surveyor
To conduct customer satisfaction surveys by interviewing 20 of our residents and family members.
- Language: Cantonese / Toishanese. Mandarin & English is desirable but not required.
- Time commitment: One-time special project. Any weekday during the month of February between the hours of 9am and 2pm for a total of 8-10 hours.
To help our residents enjoy the time being outside and spend 1-on-1 time with them.
- Time commitment: One-time or long-term. First Wednesdays from April through December, 11am-1pm.
Technology Savvy volunteers
- Assisting seniors for SmartLab tablet class, held on Saturdays from 10am-12pm. Must be comfortable using an iPad or Android tablet. No experience required.
- One on one technology tutoring on weekdays or weekends, starting in 2019. Hours are flexible and may be on an on-call basis.
To get started, please fill out this application form. Email our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com for more information.
Kin On appreciates your support in any of the following ways:
To donate using a credit card online: click here.
To make a gift by phone or mail:
4416 S Brandon Street
Seattle, WA 98118
Our tax identification number is 91-1620786.